MACC denies ‘37 charges against Najib’ claim over SRC, RM2.6 billion donation cases

The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) today denied a Sarawak Report article that its investigation papers on the RM2.6 billion donation and SRC International included 37 recommended charges against Datuk Seri Najib Razak.

The anti-graft agency also confirmed receiving from the Attorney-General’s Chambers (AGC) today its investigation papers on the cases.

“The MACC notes the AGC’s orders that it needs further explanation on the suggestions and action that the MACC raised before this. The MACC will come up with a response to the AGC soon.

“Meanwhile, MACC would like to explain that news portal Sarawak Report’s article claiming MACC recommended 37 separate charges against Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak involving the SRC International case, is untrue,” MACC said in a statement.

The AGC today returned investigation papers into former 1Malaysia Development Bhd (1MDB) subsidiary SRC International and the RM2.6 billion donation to the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC), seeking more information.

Attorney-General Tan Sri Mohamed Apandi Ali said in a statement he wanted additional information on the suggestions and recommendations MACC made on the two cases.

His statement came hours after Asia Sentinel reported whistleblower site Sarawak Report claiming the investigation papers contained at least 37 separate charges against the prime minister.

MACC submitted the investigation papers to the AGC on December 31. MACC chairman Tan Sri Abu Kassim had previously said the recommendations they made in the investigation papers were based on merit and free from external influences.

MACC director of special operations Datuk Bahri Mohamad Zin had separately said the commission could not publicly disclose the outcome of its investigations or its recommendations to the prosecutor.

Najib had said the RM2.6 billion deposited into his personal bank accounts was a donation and the transactions were all above board.

The prime minister also denied the RM2.6 billion was from any public fund nor had any link to 1MDB. The Wall Street Journal had alleged in a July report that the money came from firms linked to 1MDB, a claim which Putrajaya has denied. – January 18, 2016

Source : http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/macc-denies-37-charges-against-najib-claim-over-src-rm2.6-billion-donation#sthash.4u9tYILE.dpuf

 

Please Share to let more people know about this!